Posted 7 May 2018
Ozwater’18 is just a day away and with a stellar line-up of speakers and presenters, it may be hard for some to keep track of all the proceedings. Fret not. Along with our guide to all the keynotes and our social program guide, here’s the guide for the Accent Speakers at Ozwater’18.
Accent Speakers is a new track that has been created, featuring speakers that have been invited by the program committee to share insights on topics such as B corporations, agile organisational structures and the importance of promoting STEM education and careers to young people.
Spread out over the three days, these speakers are top minds within their fields.
If you haven’t heard of this track, here’s a sneak peek of what you can expect from them at Ozwater’18.
Tue, 8 May
- B Lab Australia Non-Executive Director Monica Bradley talks about how the B Corporations movement is redefining success in business.
- Coca-Cola Amatil Group Environmental Sustainability Manager Scott Edwards is to speak about working with customers from an industry perspective.
- ANZ Bank Director of Sustainable Finance Solutions Andrew Lawson introduces SDG bonds and implications for finance in the water sector.
Wed, 9 May
- Kerryn Fewster, Founder and Director of Change2020 will speak about how change is hard, but running away from it is even harder.
- Townsville State High School Head of Department of Science Sarah Chapman and STEM advocate addresses perspectives of international best practice for promoting engagement of girls in STEM.
Thur, 10 May
- Art of Work Managing Director Kelvin Genn, talks on the topic of disruptive safety lessons from disruption: restoring your people as the solution.
- MPC Group CEO John smith addresses the topic of being safer together – how a community of leaders is driving a safer neutral gas exploration and production industry.
- Positive Psychology Institute Managing Director and Registered Psychologist Dr Paula Robinson will speak about how to commence and sustain mental health in the workplace.
The week will be packed full of engaging topics and insightful speakers, so check out the entire program here to get more details on these session and more.