The water sector, like many businesses, faces the challenge of transforming from asset-centric to customer-centric. The following questions are some of the areas we would like to explore.
1. How are companies bringing their customer into focus?
2. How can we change urban customers’ thinking around water efficiency?
3. How much should companies educate consumers on water usage and pricing?
4. How has your organisation transformed from asset-centric to customer-centric?
5. What are the current trends/innovations in metering, billing and customer service?
6. What economic and governance frameworks/models are required to enhance private sector participation?
7. What are some best practice approaches for moving water from a ‘low engagement’ product and building a stronger water utility brand?
8. Customer perceptions of water quality – what drives perceptions of quality and best practice management?
9. What is the latest thinking on education – schools, community and industry?
10. What are the best practice methods for water utilities and government agencies in engaging customers to determine levels of service and capital programs?
11. What are some examples of innovative approaches for engaging with customers to improve water use efficiency?
12. What information do customers really want from a water utility?