People are the essence of the water sector. They provide the leadership, drive, vision and skills that ensure the sector delivers for customers and communities. The following questions are some of the areas we would like to explore.
1. How can the water industry inspire the next generation?
2. How do we guide, develop and retain the leaders of the future?
3. How do you encourage an organisation to embrace diversity?
4. How do you set up a structure that allows everyone the same opportunities to progress their careers? What needs to change to allow this to happen? How can you balance group capability versus group role?
5. Case studies on organisations and initiatives putting people’s safety first – both physically and psychologically
6. Where are the thought leadership opportunities for our sector?
7. What does leadership look like?
8. How can we support our staff to be resilient?
9. How are we embracing failure and developing learning power for individuals and organisations?
10. How can we create a more change-ready culture that can embrace new ways of doing things?
11. Corporate Social Responsibility – what are utilities doing and how far do they go? What is best practice for the water sector?
12. How can we cross collaborate across multiple disciplines?
13. Workforce of the future – how are utilities preparing themselves to have the right skills and capabilities?