There are many lifestyle benefits to living in rural, remote and regional areas, however, the provision of water and sanitation services in these areas can have some additional challenges and opportunities. The following questions are some of the areas we would like to explore.
1. Do proven ‘big city’ ideas work in rural areas?
2. Indigenous involvement with new development water projects
3. Where are the challenges and opportunities for rural, remote and regional communities?
4. How are we embracing indigenous water management and knowledge?
5. What is the latest in remote monitoring and operations?
6. How are we improving the liveability of small communities?
7. What role can water system decentralisation play?
8. What are the challenges of providing water supply and sewerage service in regional and remote areas? How can/do regional water utilities achieve safe, secure and best practice services? What funding and collaboration models might work?
9. What are some case studies of how small utilities provide customers with the digital solutions provided by the large urban utilities?
10. Successful asset management practices implemented in resources-constrained environments