The water sector has always played a key role in public health through the provision of clean, safe drinking water and sanitation. This role continues to evolve and contribute to community health and wellbeing. The following questions are some of the areas we would like to explore.
1. How do we ensure future water security for all?
2. What are the ongoing challenges for protecting public health?
3. What are the different drinking water quality risks in metropolitan and regional/remote areas?
4. How are we managing emerging contaminants and communicating risk to consumers?
5. How are we optimising distribution system management to improve water quality? What are the latest developments here and overseas for safe drinking water management?
6. What are the challenges of providing water supply and sewerage services in regional and remote areas? How can/do regional water utilities achieve safe, secure and best practice services?
7. Climate change impacts on communities and wellbeing - how are water utilities contributing to managing urban cooling?